Patra Shovityakool, Ph.D.
MD & Founder
Our Founder and Managing Director, Dr. Patra Shovityakool has been involved in the field of education, executive corporate training, and business consulting long before Trapa was officially established in 2010.
Dr. Patra obtained a Bachelor degree in Industrial Systems Engineering and a Master degree in Engineering Management from the University of Southern California, USA. She graduated with a Ph.D. degree in Science and Technology Education at the Mahidol University, Thailand. Her research “A Flexible Supply Chain Management Game” was published in International Journal Q2, Simulation & Gaming in USA.
Dr. Patra started her first professional career at the Boeing Company in 1997, in Huntington Beach, California, where she was selected as one of the four candidates for the 2-year Boeing Management Program for Space and Defense department. Only four engineer candidates were selected to join this program per year, countrywide. Boeing also sponsored her to obtain her master degree without an obligation. Toward her master degree completion, she joined United Airlines as an Industrial Engineer, responsible for the Boeing 777 maintenance program worldwide. She was based at the main maintenance center in San Francisco, California. Dr. Patra was later offered a position of a Senior Manufacturing Engineer at Intel Corporation Development Center in Santa Clara, California. She joined Intel this time around as she once received the first offer back in 1997, but decided to join Boeing at that time.
After spending close to 16 years in the United States, she returned to Thailand and started working in the management level as the Logistics Manager at Phillip Semi-Conductor. She later joined Green Spot Company, the producer of Vitamilk, as the Operation Specialist in Strategic Planning working closely with the CEO and owner.
She was also invited to hold advisor position at several companies, including Krunghep Sophon Public Company Limited and their sub companies.
Apart from her professional career, she has been involved in the educational field. She has taught and lectured at various renown universities since 2004, for the undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. level. She restructured the Supply Chain and Logistics Management course for Mahidol University International College in 2004, and the course curriculum is still being applied today.
As for the field of consulting and corporate training, she has had over a decade of experiences in supply chain, logistics, value chain improvements, and total business solutions for start-ups and established companies. She has trained executives at major international and local companies over a broad range of subjects, such as Lean Management, Lean Six Sigma, Project Management, Modern Business Management, Supply Chain and Logistics Management, and Business Acumen. She has also been invited as a keynote speaker for many occasions, such as by the DEP (Department of Export Promotion, Ministry of Commerce) and Tesco Lotus on various topics.
- Ph.D., Doctor of Philosophy in Science and Technology Education (Innovation Program) at the Mahidol University, Thailand
- MS, Master of Science in Engineering Management at the University of Southern California, USA
- BS, Bachelor of Science in Industrial Systems Engineering at the University of Southern California, USA
Professional Experience in USA
- Intel Corporation - Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- United Airlines (UAL) - Industrial Engineer
- The Boeing Company - Industrial Engineer
- The Southern California Gas Company - Facility Engineer
Public & Private Company Advisor
- Krunghep Sophon Public Company Limited
- K.W.C. Warehouse Co., Ltd.
- Krungdhep Document Co., Ltd.
- JS Global Entertainment Co., Ltd.
- Siam Chatuchak Co., Ltd.
Professional Experience in Thailand
- Green Spot Company - Operation Specialist & Strategic Planning
- Philips Semiconductor - Logistics Manager
- Mahidol University International College (MUIC) - International Logistics Management
- Mahidol University College of Management (CMMU) - Supply Chain Management & Business Simulation
- Chulalongkorn University - Aeronautics Engineering
- Silpakorn University - Project Management
- Bangkok University - Supply Chain and Logistics Management
- Ramkhamhaeng University - Logistics Management
- Burapha University - Project Management & Business Simulation
- University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce - Logistics and the Distribution Strategies
- Assumption University (ABAC) - Marketing Logistics Management
- King Mongkut of Technology Thonburi - Project Management.
- Walailak University - Overall Supply Chain Introduction and Strategic Alliance